- Water Running - Did you know that water provides 12 times the resistance than air does?! Who cares if you think you look silly... running in the water is easier on your joints, knees and back. AND it gives you a killer workout. You might not feel it right away but just wait for tomorrow or the next you won't believe the burn your muscles got without any pain.
- Water Jumping Jacks - Jumping Jacks are an excellent cardiovascular workout that many of us can't do as our bodies change and age. If you are expecting, bouncing and jumping outside of the water is not recommended but in the water it is perfectly safe. This exercise is also beneficial for individuals suffering from knee injuries because the nearly non-gravity environment provides a cushion for aching joints.
- Water Crunchers - Do you need to tighten up your belly? Do you hate crunches and aB work? Well not anymore! Try standing abdominal crunches by gently tilting forward and drawing your belly button into your spine and simply release. You will feel the same stretch and get the same results as on land with no worry of bruising your tailbone like when you're lying on the floor. For an even better aB workout try our "Kitty Kat Back Extension" as seen above!
- Water Step-Ups - Ready to shape up your legs & get a rockin' booty? Forget the stair master that only damages your knees and puts stress on your back. Try jogging up & down the steps in the pool, just make sure not to go to the top step so that you stay partially submerged in the water at all times. It's also a good idea to loosely hold onto the railing if there is one for added stability.
- Water Refresh - Even though you might not feel sweaty or sore, it is important that you do at least a 5-10 minute cool down after your workout. Make sure to stretch out your body from head to toe. As you stretch remember to breathe in & out through your nose to help lower your heart rate slowly. Be careful when you exit the pool by holding onto the railing at the steps. You will feel heavy & you might feel like a drunken pirate, aka a little wobbly. This is because you have been working out hard in a nearly weightless environment. Have a great day & make sure to drink plenty of H20!
Sure you love attending aquaBelly® and beyond classes! What to do when you can't make a class, you're traveling or just want some extra exercise at home? Get ready to Work Hard, No Sweat! Try these Worry-Free Water Workouts that you can do at home or on vacation. If you post a photo or video of you trying out these awesome workouts on our Facebook page you will receive a FREE GIFT, The Worry-Free Water Workout! A