November is Prematurity Awareness Month
aquaBelly has partnered with the March of Dimes to raise awareness for prematurity and to honor babies around the world. Premature birth affects every community, and in Florida alone, 1 in 8 babies is born too soon. An early birthday puts these babies at high risk of serious health problems and lifelong disabilities. Some are so sick that they never make it home. The March of Dimes has dedicated November to raising awareness for premature birth.
aquaBelly wants to know... "Are You Doing Your Part to Help Promote Fitness From the Start" and to support the March of Dimes this November?
How You Can Help...
- Encourage your employer to participate in Blue Jeans for Babies every Friday in November and ask employees to make a donation to wear blue jeans (and purple shirts). Contact your local March of Dimes office for supplies for a successful campaign including buttons, T-shirts, posters, and more!
- Wear purple on World Prematurity Day on Monday, November 17. We like these shirts.
- Pick up purple "Mardi Gras" beads from a party store and give them out to friends and co-workers during the month.
- Use your social network to spread the word. Change your profile picture to a baby who is special to you and post personal stories or facts about premature birth. Use #PurpleEndsPrematurity, #aquabelly & #fitnessfromthestart
- Like the World Prematurity Day, Florida Chapter, National Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter & Instagram pages.
- Join our online community Share your Story and network with other families.
- Join Team aquaBelly at the March For Babies walk!