Top 5 - Have Fun Fitness Routines
- Hula Hoop -Smile, instead of your boring old step aerobics routine try Hula Hooping to some Hip Hop. Studies from the American Council on Exercise have shown that intermediate level hula-hooping can burn as many calories per minute as boot camp style classes, power walking, or aerobics. In addition to toning your arms, getting your swivel on can increase flexibility & improve balance. Grab some hand weights or even a weighted hula hoop to get a full body workout!
- Super Hero Run - Challenge yourself to get out of your comfort zone. if you're an avid runner, the typical marathon can start to get mundane. Ready to bring out your inner thrill seeker? Why not sign-up for a Warrior Dash or Super Hero Run? It might be the hardest thing you've ever done while having a blast!
- Pool Olympics - Laugh with your friends & family. Water provides 12 times the resistance of air. Let's face it though, laps in the pool leave little to smile about. Set up a competition of shooting hoops, diving contests, speed swimming & running races... you can even incorporate olympic lifting with heavy weights. You will be sure to Get Fit without the Sweat!
- Hiking - Fresh air can lift your mood and make you feel invigorated. Tired of weight lifting inside at the gym? Working out with weights does increase muscle mass, increase bone density & boost metabolism. Pumping iron inside can get old fast. Try hiking with a heavy backpack or toss your little one on your back for the afternoon. If you don't have rough terrain and mountain tops try walking up a hilly city street or along the dunes on the beach. The fresh air is sure to brighten your day!
- Stand-Up Paddle - Have Fun! Scratch the sit-ups, even the pilates. If you want to have fun grab a SUP, get outside and soak in the rays. When you paddle board all the core muscles come into play just to keep you standing. The best part is that you will work so hard engaging your core to maintain your balance just so you don't topple in & get your hair wet. Your arms, arms, shoulders & back also get a terrific workout as you propel yourself through the water.