- Prenatal Massage – As with exercise, massage can have many benefits for pregnancy. It not only promotes relaxation and eases backaches and headaches but reduces fatigue, stabilizes hormones and can help prevent swelling naming just a few benefits. It is important to choose an experienced prenatal massage therapist because they know the techniques that are safe and effective for pregnant women. If you really want to make someone happy give her a gift certificate for a series of massages so she can reap the benefits throughout her pregnancy up until delivery. We love Mindy Galagma, here in Boynton Beach for her peaceful approach to holistic massage therapy 561-329-5431.
- Perfect Pregnancy Gift Set – Another great way to give a little pampering is to put together a basket of body and skin products especially designed for pregnancy. Mommy-to-be milk baths, stretch mark oil and foot rub lotions are super to stuff in a keepsake box or better yet a reusable canvas shopping bag. In my opinion decorative baskets just get re-gifted so make sure it’s something she’ll want to use over and over. Try the “Belly Collection”, $40 from Butt Naked baby®, body butter & oil made from 98% natural ingredients such as jojoba seed, hemp seed oil and vitamin E.
- Pre-delivery Pedicure – One thing my sister was insistent upon was making sure her feet looked as good as they could when she was in the hospital. Yes they were swollen and she could barely see them but they were polished perfectly. If the mommy-to-be is put on bed rest you could volunteer to paint her toes or hire a traveling pedicurist to give a much needed foot rub, soak & polish. Just make sure to use nail polish free of DBP, formaldehyde, & toluene; these chemicals can possibly harm the fetus.
- Peaceful Sleep Package – Sleep can become more difficult as pregnancy progresses. Try setting up a boudoir fit for the Princess in the Pea, with a full body or pregnancy pillow, flaxseed neck pillow and herbal aromatherapy packs. Don’t forget to set out a cup of Peaceful Mama Tea (Mama-to-Be Tea Sampler, www.earthmamaangelbaby.com)
- Prenatal Yoga Class – An excellent supplement to aquaBelly Water Fitness classes is yoga! Moms who practice yoga during pregnancy have greater strength & stamina which is needed for labor, birth & motherhood. Prenatal yoga is becoming more popular and is available in most areas. I love Grow & Blossom Family Yoga with Cecile Lanao, www.growandblossom.com for pre-natal, post-natal & mommy baby yoga.
- Precious TIME – The cheapest, but probably best gift you could give a pregnant woman is your time. By this I mean homemade coupons for free babysitting, your expertise putting together a crib or even just a day out together enjoying your favorite activities together.
I just can't seem to stop shopping this holiday season… so I thought I'd take a rest and WRITE about shopping! We all know that moms are experts at taking care of everyone in their lives, often forgetting to focus on themselves. Pregnancy may be a woman’s last opportunity to be priority #1. Sure she will get “showered” with gifts, but the focus is still on baby. This holiday season why not give the pregnant woman in your life; sister, aunt, friend, daughter, wife, the perfect present to pamper HER!
Here are my favorite ideas for Moms-to-Be: