- Prenatal Massage – As with exercise, massage can have many benefits for pregnancy. It not only promotes relaxation and eases backaches and headaches but reduces fatigue, stabilizes hormones and can help prevent swelling naming just a few benefits. It is important to choose an experienced prenatal massage therapist because they know the techniques that are safe and effective for pregnant women. If you really want to make someone happy give her a gift certificate for a series of massages so she can reap the benefits throughout her pregnancy up until delivery. We love Mindy Galagma, here in Boynton Beach for her peaceful approach to holistic massage therapy 561-329-5431.
- Perfect Pregnancy Gift Set – Another great way to give a little pampering is to put together a basket of body and skin products especially designed for pregnancy. Mommy-to-be milk baths, stretch mark oil and foot rub lotions are super to stuff in a keepsake box or better yet a reusable canvas shopping bag. In my opinion decorative baskets just get re-gifted so make sure it’s something she’ll want to use over and over. Try the “Belly Collection”, $40 from Butt Naked baby®, body butter & oil made from 98% natural ingredients such as jojoba seed, hemp seed oil and vitamin E.
- Pre-delivery Pedicure – One thing my sister was insistent upon was making sure her feet looked as good as they could when she was in the hospital. Yes they were swollen and she could barely see them but they were polished perfectly. If the mommy-to-be is put on bed rest you could volunteer to paint her toes or hire a traveling pedicurist to give a much needed foot rub, soak & polish. Just make sure to use nail polish free of DBP, formaldehyde, & toluene; these chemicals can possibly harm the fetus.
- Peaceful Sleep Package – Sleep can become more difficult as pregnancy progresses. Try setting up a boudoir fit for the Princess in the Pea, with a full body or pregnancy pillow, flaxseed neck pillow and herbal aromatherapy packs. Don’t forget to set out a cup of Peaceful Mama Tea (Mama-to-Be Tea Sampler, www.earthmamaangelbaby.com)
- Prenatal Yoga Class – An excellent supplement to aquaBelly Water Fitness classes is yoga! Moms who practice yoga during pregnancy have greater strength & stamina which is needed for labor, birth & motherhood. Prenatal yoga is becoming more popular and is available in most areas. I love Grow & Blossom Family Yoga with Cecile Lanao, www.growandblossom.com for pre-natal, post-natal & mommy baby yoga.
- Precious TIME – The cheapest, but probably best gift you could give a pregnant woman is your time. By this I mean homemade coupons for free babysitting, your expertise putting together a crib or even just a day out together enjoying your favorite activities together.
I just can't seem to stop shopping this holiday season… so I thought I'd take a rest and WRITE about shopping! We all know that moms are experts at taking care of everyone in their lives, often forgetting to focus on themselves. Pregnancy may be a woman’s last opportunity to be priority #1. Sure she will get “showered” with gifts, but the focus is still on baby. This holiday season why not give the pregnant woman in your life; sister, aunt, friend, daughter, wife, the perfect present to pamper HER!
Here are my favorite ideas for Moms-to-Be:
Although you don’t need to know how to swim to participate in aquaBelly classes, swimming is a great exercise to practice your entire life. My Great Aunt Helen, who is nearing her nineties, attributes her health and longevity to swimming everyday that she can. Here are some great holiday gift ideas for the swimmer in your life!
Whether you're just looking for some stocking stuffers or a present to amaze your loved one I've got the perfect ideas. Swim cleaners that gently remove chlorine, antifog goggle drops, sunblock and peppermint UV chapsticks are perfect stocking stuffers that a swimmer would love to get. What better way to pump up your boring old swim laps than with some tunes! Speedo makes a cool MP3 player called the LZR Racer Aquabeat Waterproof MP3 Player and you can find the slightly more expensive, SwiMP3 player on www.finisinc.com, a great source for all kinds of swimming equipment. Of course this wouldn't be the perfect gift list without shoes! Shoes made especially for use on land and in the water or in a boat are convenient for swimmers. The mesh top and drain holes allow your feet to stay comfortable while playing or running along the beach. Then it's no problem to jump in the ocean to cool off without having to worry about your shoes. Check out the Speedo Women's Hydro Fusion, even in the perfect aquaBelly colors. They also have a great selection of swim caps to protect your locks when you swim. If you're like me and are constantly worried about losing a contact, try out prescription swim goggles. They're more affordable than you think. www.swimoutlet.com has antifog options on sale for as low as $8!
If you're really looking for the WOW factor, why not plan a swim tour vacation! Whether it's a trip to the Caribbean or an outdoor vacation on a lake. It's the perfect way to stay in shape in a memorable and enjoyable way. Contact als-travel.com to book your perfect swim vacation today!
Have a wonderful holiday and prepare your favorite swimmer for the spring swim season!